Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, March 22, 2020

The lonely Slender Fungus Rider

As per the situation going on the Slender Fungus has agreed to stay away from eachother. Wait. We were already doing that since we all moved away as far as possible from eachother. A few of us are in Illinois, but we don't ride together, some in California, some in New York, some in Vermont, some in Tennessee, heck, even some in Germany. 
That does not keep us from been united and a tight knit group. We routinely keep up with each other and talk. We still get out and ride as much as we can and share our stories and adventures. We always used to ride at night, specially a few of us. WE liked the night cause it had little to no traffic. 
The trails were empty and it was just the right mood for the Fungus. 
Lots of cool creatures roam around at night and it was always nice to see them. I got smacked in the face by a bat once that later ended up attached to my shorts. That gave me a good spook but it wasn't the end of the world. 
Sometimes we saw strange things, strange lights and very strange behaviors. Getting chased by invisible dogs was Gumby's favorite thing. That's how we rolled back in the day. 
So things have changed since we all moved away and are dealing with "life" and "trying to stay alive". WTF? 
TJ has been going on solo excursions out in Indiana so he sent me some photos. He is most proud of his new to him Salsa La Cruz. A fine, ferrous machine he adquired a little while back. I have been meaning to visit him and ride with him and I hope that comes true. 
Meanwhile, Dr Giggles is riding gravel in the mountains of Vermont. He has been on a solo mission for a long time so this is nothing new to him. 
It is my hope that when all this is said and done that we can ride again together. There should be enough time left in the year to do some celebration rides. 
In the meantime I will continue to organize and repair and do ALL my chores. I will be ready to start yet another chapter in my life. I love the Slender Fungus family to no end. I think and give strength to everyone in these times. Don't hesitate to reach out. Talk, write, reconnect and make somebody's day. Now is the time to do it. 
Essential to TJ is Bacon and M&M's

TJ's beloved Salsa La Cruz

Roaming Around in Solo Mode
What it's all about Slender Fungus Cycling Association

4 comments:

Guitar Ted said...

Those La Cruz bikes are really sweet. I wish I could have gotten on one. Ironically I was wearing my Slender Fungus t-shirt yesterday. People that see me wearing it think I am the fan of some weird Death Metal band! Ha!

Ari said...

It really does confuse for sure. We wouldn't want it any other way!

Tim said...

I'll try to send more stuff out as I ride more. I miss riding with everyone. Some folks down here are our kind of degenerates. Night rides, whiskey, donuts, wine, good conversation and lots of laughs. A week or riding is in order once all this is past us.
-TJ

Ari said...

We miss you too man. I think of everybody all the time.
El Presidente.