Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, March 26, 2020

New Camera day.

I have been doing photography since I was a little kid. My mom was into it and she took lots of photos of us using a Voigtlander Bessa Folding Medium format camera. I found the same camera at a used camera store and bought one. She also shot a lot with a Kodak Instamatic 126, the one with the cube light flashes. 
I have alway been interested in capturing moments. A lot of people tell me they record stuff in their heads. In my case I have pretty poor memory and I  also like to share photos to family and friends. I have a ton of cameras. In my digital time I have mostly shot with a bunch of cheap point and shooters. A lot of bike shots I have used a waterproof CAnon D10. My nicest digital to date is my Canon G11. 
I had been itching to get a DSLR and wanted to start saving some coin to get one. Then all of a sudden Grandma Linda calls the house and tells me she wants to sell Grandpa Bob's Camera. He had passed away a couple years ago and I wanted to also help her and be able to shoot Grandpa's camera. I didn't want a stranger to have it. 
She boxed it all up and sent it to my house. It's a Canon Rebel 4 Ti, couple lenses, filters and a bunch of gizmos. I am satisfied with it since that is a good little starter camera. Great photographer Mike Curiak has shot some wonderful photographs using one of these. 
I wanted to post a photo of my new camera but blogger is being pesky. YOu will get a chance to see it soon. My goal is to photograph more people, more family, more friends. Images are forever and its nice to see somebody when you can't be close to them. I like the new digital services where you can order photos from home and pick them up later. I would like to print photos and mail them out. 
Maybe this camera will teach me a lot and then I can buy the "big one".
On other fronts I am starting to grow tired of the media. Yesterday I made it a point to get on facebook for under 5 minutes. I think I maxxed out at 2. Too much negativity, too much doom. I suggest that if one wants to post something make it positive. Post a recipe, a workout, a nice photograph, a nice thought. Negativity will wear us down and get us depressed and sick. 
I think we still need our guard up but we can be positive. If this keeps up on FB I will delete the app for a while. IF you have any comments on this let me know below. I am happy to ready comments all the time. 
Get out and walk, ride if you can, use that indoor equipment, lots of workouts on the internet, meditation is good(also available on Youtube), call friends and talk, call relatives, keep tabs. 
I hope we end this week on a positive note. I hope next will be better. 
Thinking of you all!!, 
Ari 
thanks for reading and have a good day. 

3 comments:

Guitar Ted said...

Cameras are pretty cool and you know I take a LOT of images.

I agree with you on the Facebook thing. I can hardly stand it and I have begun to keep my time very limited there. Negativity isn't helping me, I know that for sure.

Stay safe, Ari!

Ari said...

I knew I wasn’t the only one. I thinks it’s best to deal with challenges with positivity, strength and stamina. FB does not offer that.
<5” is my motto.

Ari said...

Got the image up!