Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Memorial Day Weekend riding

Got out on Sat with the SS 29er and did about 35 miles. It was good to cleanse out after having a super good meal on Friday night. Rode mostly on the road and touched into Waterfall Glen. 
Saturday was a ride with my Brother in law and good friend Randolino. We did our first ride to Batavia in the heat. Nobody is used to this heat yet and we labored to get back home. Yesterday Monday I was unable to latch onto a ride so I went solo. MY goal was to hit the 50 mile mark and visit friend Frank. I had a gentle ride on the cheater bike all the way to St. Charles. ON the way back I was attacked by some crazy wind storm out of nowhere. 
I rode 30 miles into a nasty headwind with all kinds of dust and pollen choking me down. I stopped at a gas station for some overpriced water and then rode home to be a zombie the whole rest of the day. I kept falling asleep and all the projects I had ended up in the trash bin. 
A good weekend of riding. Still a lot of work to do for sure. But I am not going to give up. 
best, 
Ari
Now that's a job for the faint of heart

I dropped out on the ride on Friday since my hip was killing me. 

I found this view in the most unlikely place. 

Plant shopping with the Big Dummy

Always good to see open spaces and trees. 

Ran into Buddy Bruce and he rode with us for while. 

Cheater Bikes resting at 7/11

Memorial day and this is how the flag was on my way out. 

Cheater bike cockpit. Yes, those are sti shifters. 

Fermi lab building. 

much needed open space. 


exit area Fermi west. 

No comments: