Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

5/////////////////8/////////18

Greetings and salutations. Today we gathered up with Joey,Ricanator, Hank and self for a cheater bike ride. We all had carbon bikes with shifters on the brake levers. Weird. Perfect day for a ride as the temps were already in the 70's and dry. Plenty of sun. Made me think that in other parts of the country and world this is a daily occurrence. 
So this left hip thing happened last year. It has been plaguing me for a long time. Many trip to the Chiro and I am finally seeing some progress. There was a lot of traffic on this road we were on. I was 120 miles into this ride on my Cross bike. We detour for 1/2 a block onto a sidewalk and Bam! down I went. We went around this little bend and bush was in the way. A green, hidden rope was wrapped around the bush to contain it. It caught my right brake lever and just took me down. I landed on my hip and was for sure certain it was cracked. Broken helmet, shredded, brand new camelbak and torn clothing. I finally got up and started to walk. Soreness but no weird pain. 
It got better within a couple of weeks but what I did is unconsciously start to favor my right leg instead. So after many months of doing this my right knee started to hurt. Things are on the mend these days. Warming up those old bones feels good. I am ready to increase mileage, get back where I was before. 
I am really thankful to Dr. Allen for getting me straight again. 
thanks for reading, 
Ari  

No comments: