Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, May 21, 2018

5/21

Got out on the SS 29er yesterday and it truly felt so liberating and peaceful. Just one gear to deal with, a quiet hum of the chain coated in dumonde tech original formula. It was windy, cold, rainy, then somehow sunny, and windy again. May weather in Chicago I  guess.  Part of my riding was on the road until I got into the woods. It was so green and lush in there. I rode on a bright grren carpet of grass for a while. Then onto gravel where the white gravel stones pinged on the ti downtube. I let a breathe out glad to not be at my station tuning bikes. Because of the weather the hordes of people were absent. The parking lots almost empty. Fairweather forest goers letting this day slip by.
I returned home super-hungry and wet.
I was glad to be out there.
Ari
 On the road with the 29er

 Back to early spring gear


 I found this dead bird on the side of the road. I am pretty sure it is a Night Hawk. Someone please identify

 My Salsa Ti Selma SS. I love riding this bike. 


 The creek at the outlook area in Waterfall Glen. 


 The lake at Waterfall Glen. 

This Redwing bird was mad and was wanting some sunshine. He was also pissed that I was in the vicinity. 
an old found picture. Cookie on one of our Iowa Mission rides.  Ahhh, those were the days. 

No comments: