Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, May 20, 2018

It must be Almanzo weekend

Today we were supposed to do a dad’s ride at 8 am. The wind is blowing strong out of the NE and there is a bone chilling mist in the air. Our ride was cancelled since most of the guys do not have any foul weather gear. This is another Almanzo weekend were the weather turns to that nasty stuff were only the brave brave. Better have you woolies on, your rain jacket and some fenders. Oh, you better be ready to completely overhaul your
bike when done.
I will get dressed, wait for the temps to climb amnother 2 measly degrees, and hide in the woods with my SS 29er.  I don’t know but 2018 is kicking my butt so far. Way,way behind on the whole mileage thing for sure. I guess one can only play with cards that one is dealt with. Nobody really wants to get out in this crap. I guess the mp3 player will be my friend today.
To all those riders that got out to race this weekend I applaud you. To the Alexander riders I hope you stay warm and dry.
Now it’s time to dig out that cold weather stuff one more time.
Ari

No comments: