Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

March 1st training ride

We blasted down i-88 and arrived on time at the meeting point in my old house in Sycamore,IL. We had received some more snow overnight and I decided to take the Gunnar 29er Singlespeed. We spotted A.G and the Blue Demon riding down Peace rd and then we all met just on time. Waiting out in the freezing cold is not fun. We rode north then west then south then north again. Dave and I ended the day with 34 miles. My lungs were on fire towards the end. The wind was blowing at 20mph steady, the temps were at 16 degrees and my body was starting to really ache. I was glad the ride was over and it felt good to sit in the truck and grab some coffee. If you didn't ride on this day I don't blame you. Better days will come with some much needed warmth and humidity. 
best, 
Ari 

The blue demon with his bags that he might use on TI. 

A.G. left Dave on the right. 

A.G on her Karate Monkey. 

Super Blue Demon and Dave

You can see the wear and tear of the winter in my eyes. 


Long , straight, desolate roads with roaring winds.
 

No comments: