Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Italian Stallion has arrived to Hartleys

As most of you know I am not a big fan of Carbon Fibers. I know that they are strong, light,racey, light, and more light. I just don't care for such construction. I am aware that Carbon Fibers will not go away and at some point they will take over the world. I guess working as a mechanic I see all the things that go wrong. Mainly a lot of creaking, popping and noise making. These repairs are losers for us since it takes a long time to find where the noise comes from and we never get compensated enough for our time. I despise a lot of bikes with internal routing. I don't think you should take the bike apart, have surgical hooks and a headlamp to replace your stupid derailleur cable. I also despise all the new Bottom bracket standards that each company uses and pushes. All those bearings don't last and get shitty. A Chris King Bottom bracket in an english shell is priceless. 
However, 
Yesterday arrived a box with words in Italian. Chris' new Colnago C59 had finally arrived. We carefully opened the box and unveiled a montruous Colnago. This bike is lugged carbon, has internal ridges for strength and safety, the fork is incredible and the bike should ride like magic. At close to 6k retail I will NEVER have one but will get a chance to test ride it once done. I am very impressed with this frame and it is like nothing I have seen before. Congrat to Chris for getting the most of the most of Carbons. If you desire such a pony let us know. We can get you hooked up.
Ari






Ari 

No comments: