Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Low budget riding, the Slender Fungus Way

So yesterday was supposed to be a long day out on the bike. Both Cookie and I had drained our funding for traveling so we decided to go on a budget ride. I left my house in Westmont and he left from the north and we met at half point at around 40 miles. We then headed west on the Great Western Trail and sneaked into our old stomping grounds in De Kalbe County. We stopped at the trail head and ate some ham and cheese sandwiches I had in the frame bag.  The morning was really cold and I was frozen all day. I wore a castelli tank top, Rapha long sleeve winter jersey and a silly windbreaker of a vest. Cookie ended the day with a respectable 112 miles, and I finished with a  loser 105er. We were on Steel stupid crossbikes and we were carbon-free. Lots of secretive planning went on  this ride. We are very serious about the "big one" coming up in the fast approaching spring. 
Come out and ride with us.

Fat is that, 

Ari 
Slender Fungus Cycling Association
yeah, yeah the fall has nice color out. That's me in the shadow with the really long legs.

Cookie and I in Sycamore, IL streching our Glutes.  Note ancient iron bikes with spoked wheels. 

 

1 comment:

Richard said...

Fat indeed! http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/10/decline-decay-denial-delusion-despair.html