Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sunday Night Riding

Looking out for blown up truck tires.

The nice wide shoulder once you get into Kane County.


Sunday was one of those long days and all the opportunities for a ride were quickly dissapearing. It wasn't until 9 pm that I was done with a ton of stuff that just had to be done. I made the decision to go for a ride at 930 pm no matter what. I had a pile of demons to burn. The weather was right, little wind, couple of sprinkles and the traffic on a Sunday night is pretty low. The sheep are all sleeping to start the next week of labor and suffering. I quickly loaded the Quickbeam , took my trusty helmet light and got on the road. I basically road rte 64 to rte 47 made a left then took empire rd to Burlington road. Headed south til I crossed 64 again and it became La Fox Rd. Took that to Campton Hills rd and romped up the hills on the Singlespeed. Took it all the way to Anderson and then made a left again on 64 all the way home. I was able to punch in 40 miles in 2 hrs and 12 minutes. I was motivated. Got home showered and went into a deep coma til the next morning. I got into nobodys way.




Best,




Ari

No comments: