Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Shocker News


Dusty trail last night, today a bit of rain to settle the dust



I am going all around in reflectors for that gyroscopic effect.





The weather has definetly turned for the better. The cooler temps, shorter hours and steady winds have made cycling more enjoyable. I have also been able to conquer the weight of the Shocker and I am at ease with it. The latest additions to the shocker have been a Planet Bike Ro-Co-Co rear rack, Jannd Panniers and a slough full of wheel reflectors. I estimate the total weight of the Brown beast has approached 40 lbs. In a world of drilling carbon fibre to lose weight that is a complete atrophy of a bicycle.
Regardless of what Rapha and all the media feeds you I think there is a spot for the Shocker. It has become a fitness bike. A bike you work out the arms, the legs and your mental attitude. When race day comes that is when the "cheater" bike will come out so I can have an "edge" . It has been fun to ride around the whole area with just 5 gears instead of 20, 30, 22 or 33 of them. My total mileage since I started this project is 425 miles. I believe I started on the last wisps of August and we are have way to september. The Gumby is going to unveil the new project he is working on soon. All I can tell you is that it has the word "head" in it.
Today will be a day to spin out the legs on the steamroller. Nice steady pace, burning more and more of that Midwest fat.
More time on the bike, less on the computer. Try it!

best,


Ari

No comments: