Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Great Midwest



There is still a lot of thoughts going on in my head as to riding on gravel. Yesterday after we had experienced Giugi ride solo for the first time we took a drive in the Pantani-mobile. We discovered some new roads that we had not been on. We were driving in second gear and truly just enjoying the solitude of the roads and the wonderful countryside. There were a ton of birds, deer and animals getting their feed before dark. We parked over a bridge and the Swallows were just fying all over us as if they were hanging out with us. The midwest is a great place to discover. We love to study the Gazzeeeter maps and discover parks and great gravel roads. Those road trips then get tweeked on the google maps and become routes. I have combed the major part of where I live but there is a lot more to do. I have still to go south, southwest, and Northwest. It is never-ending. I hope to come up with a long, difficult, tiring route for the Flandria 100 so I can show-case our area. I cannot wait to get another chance to also run across the big river and do some gravel in Iowa. What an outstanding place for a bike ride.

best,

Ari

No comments: