Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Blustery May night

White industries disc front, eno fixed rear, Race face cranks, look quartz pedals, thomson post, Rolls saddle, Titec h-bars. 29er wheels on a 26er platform. How does it ride? Fantastic.




Hurried home from the bike shop and changed into my Waiter Suit. Rode hard to the restaurant trying not to break a sweat. Arrived to be told that I was being called off. Came home and felt restless and figured the one good thing to do was change again and go ride in the stormy weather. It was really dark and rain threatening and I thought how perfect it would be to ride in it. Another Weekend of foul weather. I saddled up on the 1x1x29 fixed and rode the shoulder all the way to Genoa and back. It felt good to feel the burn in the legs and the pellet water on my face. I got in a solid 25 miles of gravel by the time I got home. This morning the stormy weather continues and I will be out there on the Surly again. I want to add at least 3k on this bike before years end.
ari

No comments: