Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, March 2, 2009

North American Handbuilt Bicycle Show Feb-Mar 09

Bilenky

Ricardo and Maggie were kind enough to invite us to carpool with them down to Indianapolis, Indiana for the show. The drive was really boring and we amused ourselves with the Fireworks barns, ads for Adult Stores and the "now you are in Hell signs" from various religious groups.

I had never been to the big Indiana city and felt really lost and out of place. For some reason Minneapolis was more bearable.

The Bike show was outrageous and at first we just did a quick loop. After another quick loop just to get an idea of who was there we started to hit each booth. The builders were kind and open for questions both smart and dumb. I spoke with Sacha White from Vanilla Cycles, Ahearne, Deda people, and Rick Hunter.

I was amazed at the amount of work they had put into their machines and I could not help but thank them and shake their hand. I could have spent all three days there and gotten an overload of bike geekdom but in the end I was satified and we headed home.

Below is a link to some photos posted on my flickr account.

Check them out.


Ari


2 comments:

gpickle said...

Nice pics Ari!

Good to see some ANT & Sachs pics,and it is good for you to meet Sacha. He is good people and of course he taught Ira what how to build bikes and all.

Ari said...

Gpickle
Sachas bikes were outlandish and the whole booth that they had was incredible. I am glad I made it out there to experience it all.
Hope you both are well.
Ari