Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Update on Ira Ryan Porteur


I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a pair of Gilles Berthoud Fenders. I ordered them in 700x5o. The installation was long and tricky but at the end they came out perfect. I had to make an indent were the front derailleur is to accomodate its swing. The rear one also goes screwed into the seaststay bridge from underneath into a threaded hole. The ANT fork crown has a tab where the fender also bolts into from underneath. Overall I like the look of the Stainless fenders and I hope to install more of these on customers bikes. Notice the extra long front and also how it extends. Gilles designed it like that to keep bags from getting sprayed. The extra lengthe will also keep my feet and Bottom Bracket drier. I also updated the seatpost with a Thomson. I will next update to Paul brakes. So far this bike has been magical and I enjoy every mile on it.
Ari

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful bicycle...Is that the steed for the Trans-Iowa...Does your family want to join in on the class action law suit against the TI??? :)
We are only 8 weeks out and only 5 weeks of training...remember to rest/recover for 3 weeks out...Full recovery is key, for us old guyz.
C

Ari said...

Yes! My wife main complain is when I get out of bed at midnight and go riding through the night into dawn. She thinks that is totally wrong, that normal human beings should be resting in their beds. I think it is a way to get used to riding at different times of the day.
Guitar Ted is going down!
ari

Anonymous said...

Yes...leaving at Midnight to ride thru to sun up...that qualifies as a DBD ride :) You need to move up here...We are blood brothers :)
Charlie