Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Wind riddled Sunday


Rte 38 heading west with a headwind Simple elements off Rte 38
Mandatory photo of Water
Heading home on Mowers Rd
I left the house knowing that the wind was howling out of the west. Riding through De Kalb the wind was not as strong because it was getting broken up by the buildings and trees. As soon as I passed the Stadium for the Huskies it was like I hit a wall. I was on the Salsa and went to the 38 in the front. I was turning a 38x17-19-21 and going 11-12 mph. My heart rate was pounding and after a while I decided to see how far I could duke it out. 30 miles later I was truly hallucinating and I had to get off my bike and take shelter in a ditch. I ate a whole row of fig newtons and drank my emergen-c drink. I was shelled. I then turned north and the wind was even stronger. At some point I remembered the intersection for Mowers and I felt better. Going east was amazing. I did not try to go fast I tried to gain terrain without pedaling. I arrived home in a state of delirium but satisfied that I had put myself through it. I am planning on doing Trans Iowa in the spring and this is the training that is required.

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

yup, that sounds like good training for trans-iowa. keep at it! great post!