Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday and already in November



First I have to bitch about the big fucking deal about the new I-355 Tollway. Who gives a fuck about a place for more cars, more traffic and more pollution? How about more bus service, more bike lanes?? No matter how many tollways and how many lanes we put in them we will always be congested. It is pathetic that they are going to have a fucking "bike ride" to initiate the new CARWAY in town. I give Kudos to our supposed uncivilized neighbors from Minnesota that have just inaugurated the following:
http://www.startribune.com/10241/story/1538788.html
They seem to be more on par with commuting by bike and saving this planet that is on its path to becoming a flaming ball of inferno

Today I got home had lots of dinner and decided to start my night riding session. It was really cold and really dark and it did not help that I did not fully charge the battery. At some point I tood shelter under a tree since I was feeling the frost fall on me and it gave me the chills. The tree gave me good shelter and after an awesome pee and a few jumping jacks I was back on my beast. I rode to dekalb and then did some trails and arrived home frozen but happy. I am enjoying a glass of Grappa and Im hanging out in wool tshirt and wool socks.

1 comment: