Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday Ride and some ideas

Gravel Grinder bike
Made the long trek to Waterfall Glen and met the gang. Weather was crisp and cold at the beginning but warmed up real nice. The limestone started out hard and edgy and turned soupy and soft by the later part of the morning. Was able to put in 40 miles offroad and at that point the legs were really starting to warm up nicely. I was amazed at the difference it made to ride in the forest and be sheltered by the trees all the time. I felt like I was riding in a vacuum. I will try to make it over again to do several loops. Good way to stay fit during the winter and keep them sausages at bay. I was glad to see the wife joining me in this outing. Crazy life has put a big barrier to our riding and we hope this changes someday soon.

My Gunnar Streetdog has been sold and is on its way to Arizona. I am exchanging it for a new Gunnar crooshairs that I will build up a as a Country Bike. Downtube shifters if I don't find used barcons. A compact crank, shit cantis, used seatpost, wide-ass bars, and an Aluminum Kinesis fork that Pizza Dan is getting painted in black. I will of course run wide tires, since I have outgrown the 23mm thing. This bike is starting to look like the bike I will take on the Trans Iowa. Have to figure out a good position and how to carry a load on it. Color will be Bamboo (tan) and the fork will be black. I will call it Black and Tan in honour of the famous beverage that us DUI guys like to enjoy.

Now go ride!!

Ari

No comments: