Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Tough Commute


Did 83 miles today after a hard Gravel Grinder yesterday. The ride home was something else. It started raining as soon as I left the shop. It got dark right away and I felt stupid for bitching about hot summer days. I made it to Warrenville and got sick of dealing with dumb drivers. I took the Prairie path and hid in the darkness of the path. I rode all the way up the fox river and then cut thru Geneva and st charles to catch the Great western. I was covered in limestone, but the mp3 player was kicking it with Arcade Fire. I was feeling good despite being soaked. I rode and rode and felt nothing. I was relaxed in the darkness. My niterider worked flawless. The GWT was flooded and it was only a guess as to how deep certain sections were. No flats, no crashes, no mechanicals. Had some soup, tea, wine and a burger for dinner. My bike and shoes are drying and hopefully tomorrow will be another day in the saddle. Riding is Great!!
Get out,
ari
If I see you out at night i will scare you!!

No comments: