Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, September 7, 2007

Lifer

One of my greatest dissapointments was to see Matt Chester hang up his torch and stop making his incredible frames. I continued checking his outdated website for a long, long time. The other day I had the shock to see that he is leaving Idaho, moving to Canada and is taking up the torch again. He welds titanium but has absolutely nothing to do with Merlin, Litespeed, Serrotta or any other of those companies. Matt Chester bikes are special and when he starts taking orders in '08 I will try to get a frame from him. Check him out at http://mattchester.blogspot.com/
My Ira Ryan Frame has been welded. Ira is working on making the fork and the Porteur front rack. Then it goes to the painters. I might see that frame by the end of october. I have ordered it in March. Instant gratification visit a Trek Store, Target or Walmart. Otherwise order a custom frame from a guy that lives 2,000 miles away, send him a check for 1k and just put in the back of your mind. Not for OCD riders.

No comments: