Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Sunday Solo

So I went from riding in a beautiful Saturday with warm temps, friends and sunshine to riding solo in freezing rain on Sunday. My jacket, boots and bike were covered in a thin coat of ice when I arrived home Sunday afternoon. It had started freeze raining harder as I was getting close to the house. Then of course I got caught with the gates down and sat in the rain for 10 minutes with this long, long, slow freight train. I was happy to have gotten out. I met a couple of guys riding in waterfall glen. One guy was staying warm with his small dog in his Jacket. What a great idea! Keep something alive in your jacket for extra warmth. More frigid weather our way. Maybe January will be a balmy one. 
Don't let your meat loaf, Trans Iowa is around the corner. 
Ari 
This glare ice was impossible to ride


Then I took to the fences where it was a bit easier

I later stopped under this tree to add layers and make the 10 mile ride back home. 

No comments: