Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Counting down the hours

The battlefields have been frozen, snowed on and morphed by the endless winds of the winter. It has been complete craziness in the midwest as far as weather goes. I have never seen it like this and it nearly took me out a couple of times. But,..........according to the Weather witch doctors the skies will open, the sun will come out and it will be warm and bright. Will we be able to cope with that?? What will we wear. Does anybody own any warm weather clothing anymore? Do you mean I cannot wear my Lake Boots that have  become part of my lower extremities? Will my body thaw like a bag of ground Chuck? 
I have completely changed my outlook and outfit for the coming weekend. I think you should bring some sunscreen to protect that skin that hasn't seen sun in 6 months. I think you should bring more water or at least more containers to get water.  
This is a radical, sudden change to riding conditions. The only person that I know that has any experience in the kind of  weather is Lance Andre, since he lives in Fl. 
Anyway, I hope you sit down and make yourself a listy of things you might need or not. 
My Homie ZG in front and Snake will cover for me while I am gone. 


Some of the things on my mind and list. I write it all down so I don't forget. Analogue


repair stuff. The lighter in case I have to build a fire and wait for help. I will start the fire with the lube.







So, if you have any ideas this is the time to talk about it. I will be leaving early morning and getting dropped off at Gumby's house, also known as the Slender Fungus Headquarters, then he and I will head out to the magestic state of Iowa. I might make one more post tomorrow before leaving, 


Ari 







2 comments:

Guitar Ted said...

May the tailwinds be at your back and the pedals turn with ease my Friend! See you tomorrow!

MG said...

You and I share similar traits in the list-making. I think you're well prepared for this year's adventure and the weather looks to be in our favor.

See you soon, my friend.

Cheers,
MG