Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wednesday Night Ride

The incredible Ice. I still can't over how hard it was to ride it.





Slender Fungus Association Meeting Place.


The Yellow Schwinn rides again!





Three silly riders lined up at the Trailhead of the GWT to do battle with millions and millions of gallons of frozen water. Washboard surfaces and various ruts offered gratis by neighboring slednecks made the night even more interesting. We bounced and fought the terrible headwind coming off the Grand Lake Michigan. After a very long time we made it to Rte IL. 47 where we took our deserved break. We enjoyed some Irish Whiskey, Chamomille Tea laced with Honey, and various energy foods. We rolled back into town with a very strong tailwind. The trail became even more icey as the wind froze that last rain that had fallen. One of our crew members had a hard time staying upright and he had not consumed any of the Whiskey!
3 hours + on tuesday and 3 hours + on wednesday = almost 7 hours.
Today I am sore with pains in very strange places. I rode into work and got a ride home with Hellmut. I wore my helmet in his car since the roads were icey. I will commit crazy act to try new pedals since I don't think the shimano Spuds are doing it for me anymore. I feel like I need something that operates better and has more float. I feel like the Spuds are messing with my right knee but it could also be my 38lbs, studded tired mountain bike.

3 comments:

Jay said...

GUM TRUCKIN!

Anonymous said...

Keep on posting such themes. I like to read blogs like this. BTW add some pics :)

Ari said...

Jay,
Go to see the Nahbs. You need to

ari