Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Day off Riding

Frozen Kishwaukee river

Loitering at Kelley's Gas Station


Surly 1x1
29er front White Industries wheel
White Industries fixed rear wheel
Race face Turbine 180mm cranks
H-bars
moosemitts
rockshox post
pure riding bliss




Looking east on rte 23





Heading North on rte 23




Got dressed and rolled out the house while the sun was shining. Rid myself from the studded tires and rolled with the 1x1. I was able to ride 30 miles in about 2hrs 15 minutes. The wind was out of the nw and cutting my face. I opted for the windproof fleece, craft windstopper undershirt and secret moisture control device. Two layers and I was fine. Wool craft longjohns and craft storm tights. Feet were cold as usual. Felt great coming home with a tailwind.
Tomorrow it is time to commute.
best,
ari

No comments: