Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year 2010 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On our way to Dr. Zhivago's house for Tea.


Hellmut doing weird gestures under a tree.




I.C. trail rd. Also known as the Icey trail rd. On even, hard, sheet of ice.
Wishing I was in Puerto Rico drinking Rum




Hellmut screwing up the trail for the Sled-necks




I forced myself off the bike during the xmas,new-year holidays and it was a good thing. I really have no idea of how many miles I rode for 2009 but I guess a mate it was a ton. Riding on New Years was a tough thing. I worked at the shop and then the restaurant for New Years eve and did not get home until 2am. I woke up early on New Years and met Hellmut at the usual Slender Fungus secret meeting place. We were decked out in all sorts of winter clothes to deal with the subzero temps. It was a slow going process but in the end we were really glad to be out. I was trying out a new moisture control system and it really worked well. Feet of course were frozen solid and there were aches and pains all over the body. Our studded tires were like heavy boat anchors and returning home tires, with dem tires and a stiff headwind out of the N.W. was a chore. I am looking foward to much, much riding this year and some good adventures. I hope you join us once in a while in our effort to keep our sanity by riding bicycles. On monday we will be travelling to check out some key Bicycle factories in the great state of Wisconsin. We will be bountiful news and photographs to keep you entertained in these frigid weeks of the winter. Start getting your gear ready as this will not last long.
Be well and keep riding,

Ari

5 comments:

Brian said...

Key bicycle factories? Like Waterford/Gunnar?

Ari said...

that would be correct. Also the big one called TREK in Waterloo, Wisconsin. I think Project One from Trek is going to be a big thing for 2010

Charlie Farrow said...

BRAVO ARI!!! Long Live the Slender Fungus!!! Onward to Iowa!!! Where our destiny waits...

Dr. Giggles said...

Happy New Year to the Slender Fungus!!! The long road of ice, snow and suffering leads to Iowa where the true test of our metal awaits.

Ari said...

Hey,
Happy New Year Charlie and Giggles. The deep freeze will be over soon and the Pedal will be to the metal. Meiser and Pramann better watch out!
ari