Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

monday night riding

Larson Park Trail is completely under water

Night riding at its best

Lloyd road heading towards 23


The winter Monster with extra supplies
I thought about the night ride all day as to how I was going to dress. As the day progressed so did the wind and the drop of the temps. It was blowing snow and the winds were gusting to 40mph. 2 hrs of riding and I was done. Here is a list of winter clothing to tackle these conditions:
Surly Socks
Hydroskins Neoprene socks
Think wool sockguy socks
Long wool socks with toe cut for keeping calves warm
craft wool long johns
craft storm tights
craft wind front turtleneck
secret moisture control device
Louis Garneau Winddry jacket
Outdoor research windstopper facemask
8 dollar wool gloves from farm and fleet
Lake winter boots
Giordana Gamex jacket for vapor barrier between Garneau jacket and undershirt
Oakley Oil drum glasses
This kept me completely warm and away from the way subzero winds. I also used my Pogies on the handlebars





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"secret moisture control device" Well done young Jedi!!! I will be using the s.m.c.d. for the Arrowhead...
Charlie

Ari said...

I know some stuff has to stay in the house. Charlie, I was excited to get an email from Jason B. about getting into the T.I.
that is really cool!!!!!!!!!
Ari