Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Day off Riding


An impossible hill to climb, The Windings in Campton Hills



another view of the hill



Thats my bike midway up the hill




Salsa La Cruz, all out


King hubs, Avid bb7, mavic tn719, xt der, xt cog, xtr chain


Rick Hunter fork, Rick hunter stem, Nitto bars, tektro levers,
Lizard skins awesome tape, 105 converted cranks with salsa chainrings
King Bottom bracket, Thomson Post, Rolls saddle, Ritchey tires, XTR pedals. A sick ride.



Salsa La Cruz Finalized. Two Days 100 miles.

Rode out on the Great Western and investigated a couple of spots that I was curious about. Ended up in the subdivision of The Windings and found a good hill to climb. One on grass and the other on a road called Jen Jensens rd. (?)
Ended up with 50 miles and then came home and road the roller for 30 minutes to get my clothes fulled sweated. Might as well. Also went to Campton forest preserve and did some riding there. I still don't know if riding is allowed and I figure if some Ranger stops me I will just tell him to start making some signs on his time off. The grass trails were really beat up by the horses and there were a few bogs. I got my heartrate up a couple of times and this is were we will be coming to snowshoe soon with Trapper Tom.
Preparations for Trans Iowa will comence right after Thanksgiving with a full blowout schedule that will see no excuses. Stay tuned to witness the pain.

out,
Ari