Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Time to Change


Yes it is that time of the year again fellow cyclists. It is that time of year to get ready for another change in seasons. Fall is coming quick since we are all so busy all the time. This is the time of the year were I start to weed out the flock of bikes as to which one stays and which one goes in the backburner.
I also start to organize all my lights, My wet weather clothing and my fender situation. I always have at least one bike set up with full fenders. Nothing works better than the real deal. Full fenders keep you and your bike cleaner and drier. I have a bunch of flashing rear lights and this year the winner in best rear light is the Planet Bike Superflash.
When on lengthy night excursions I take a Led front light like a Cateye and also my trusted MiNewt from Nightrider. I also use velcro on wheel reflectors from Rivendell Bicycle Works.
Over the years I have amassed a large wardrobe of clothing for the bike. My two favorite items are the Showers Pass Jacket and my Lake Winter Boots. This year I also plan on purchasing new tights and Nokian STudded tires. I was twirling with the idea of having a "Commuter Seminar" at the shop. I think it would be a great chance to show some stuff and also answer a lot of questions about how to dress and how to stay safe. Throw me some comments if you are interested and then I will take it from There.
I am going to be helping my pal Tobe from North Central Cyclery with the Cyclocross Race that will take part on October 5th, 2008 in Hopkins Park in Dekalb IL. I am going to post more on this as we get closer. I hope you can come and race or just spectate. Cross races are a blast and the riders are pain freaks.
Ride is still on for Sunday. I will ride regarless of rain since I am trying to put in as many miles as possible before next years Trans Iowa. I know it is far to the end of April but the winter months seem to fly really fast.
Get out and ride,
Ari

No comments: