Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday Commuting

T-Bocks

I knew for sure that I did not want to drive to work today. The noise in the car and the whole idea of driving were driving me nuts of late. So today, after yesterdays beating, I decided to ride to work. The wife had a lot of studying to do so I did not have to be home right away. The 52 miles into work were met with a steady headwind all the way. I rode my Ira Ryan and came in with a respectable time of 3 hours and 15 minutes. I changed and went off to work till 7 p.m. I got dressed again and rode towards Sycamore. It was warm in Hinsdale and I rode til Westmont with Pizza and Fuji Girl. As I got closer to the fields the temps dropped and I donned my jacket. Kinda curious that its cooler where there is more vegetation. Hummm.

My legs were feeling good and I did some hard efforts. I was hating the Chamois Butter. That stuff plain Sucks. Did I say it sucks? For me there is nothing better than Bag Balm. After 20 miles with the Chamois Butter it dried out and turned my toilet area into raw meat. Not cool if you depend on such area for daily commuting. I will buy an extra can of bag balm delight to keep at work.

I made it home in 3 hours 40 minutes. I was good, lungs a tad better and legs feeling the deep pain that I like. I did hit my hand on a pole getting out of Fermi lab and bled good for about 20 minutes. I am not sure if my bod will recover for century number 3 tommorow. My asthma is still giving me troubles.

3 comments:

bluecolnago said...

bag balm in the square green can.... yeah baby! good stuff!

Charlie Farrow said...

Go Ari Go!!!!!
Sign up for the Arrowhead 135...itz great practice for the TI
Charlie

Ari said...

This bike shop where I work is driving me nuts. I wish I had an arrow through my head to relieve the pressure.
Ari