Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Enemy


A microscopic photo of what mold spores look like. On Sunday I did my long ride and then spent another 6 hours plus on the bike yesterday. I feel like I have ingested 14 lbs of this crap in my lungs. All day today I was coughing and spitting up stuff. A lot of this has to do with the recent Hurricane that we had come through. What it did in our area is flood the Kishwaukee river and thus flood the low lying areas next to it. All the vegetation in that region is decaying and producing tons of this crap. Tonight was really bad so I went to Jewel to hang out in the refrigerated areas. I kept sticking my head in the Pizza and Ice Cream Coolers for relief. Man do
I want a good freeze now.
So until something changes or somebody out there gives me a suggestion I will stay off the bike. I have been taking a generic Claritin D made by Walgreens that seems to control it a little.
What I hate is the cough and then the lousy taste in my mouth.
Comments and suggestions are welcome

Most uncomfortable,

Ari

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

soon it will cool off to perfect riding weather and the allergens will go away!