Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Still Sick with some improvement

My oh so cool Legnano Slx, yes that is a man stem @ 140mm

Giggles losing his fur by Snake.


I was tormented by family and friends to visit the doctor. I have refused and will continue to refuse. I want to figure this one out myself. I think my whole respiratory problem has been a great combination of stress, flooding, sinus and my everlasting asthma. I have so far coped with taking the allergy pills from Walgreens, my inhaler and large dosages of tea and water. This Monday I am coughing a lot less and not producing the tire sealing goop that was coming out of my lungs.

Last Thursday I was pressed for time so for the first time this year I pulled out the Legnano and rode out to Belvedere, IL and back. Combined with my commuting and errand running I managed to plug in about 60 miles that day. Not satisfactory but I will take it anyway. Sunday I had to work at the shop to celebrate out last fucking Sunday of the season. I slept in that morning and arrived Bright eyed and bushy tailed at 11:00 am to open the doors to the zoo animals. We were busy and at some point I felt that making this our last Sunday would be a mistake. Bad habits and traditions are hard to break, so if you come next Sunday we won't be there. I think the weather is starting to change and it is also getting darker quicker. Today I bought a Showers Pass jacket for the wife and hopefully that willl allow her to extend her commuting to school a little longer. I have to get the Bomber Oldsmobile back in shape so she can get around in the winter. Also the Pantani-mobile is making funny noises in the front and it might be a bearing according to Pizza. I might call up Competitive and see if they have ceramic bearings to make the upgrade. I don't have any cool reportings from Interbike since I am a loser and did not make it there. Our shop did not participate in the cyclingn extravaganza. Sorry to have missed bumping elbows with Lance, Christian, Eddy, Jonathan, and all the Hot people of the bicycle world. I really missed not hanging out with Guitar Ted. Next year is another chance and maybe I will not rely on just being told that I am going. For next year we also have some mtb races planned with buddy Tomas. So I think 09 will be exciting. New President, a fucked up economy, war, hunger, people losing their homes, unemployment, but as long as you can afford an inner tube and some tri flow I guess it ain't so bad.



Yours weezing,



Ari


1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

hope you get to feeling better soon, buddy.

i agree on the inner tube and chain lube.... it can always be worse :)