Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday Update.

A fantastic day to be on the bike. Check out the Dew.

Well finally got to do the test I wanted to for a long time. On Sunday I rode the Ira Ryan into work and back and clocked in 110 miles. The ride was fantastic and really enjoyed the bike. Well mannered, glove like fit, smooth, just perfect.

On Monday I rode the Surly Crosscheck with front and rear racks, lights, Pannier. Very stable but also very heavy. Alway lost momentum when there was a change of grade or came to a stop.

I bike to ride all day and go out in them middle of nowhere but not a bike to get anywhere fast.

I noticed a decrease in average speed with this bike. Also the frame is not forgiving and I was tired compared to the Ira Ryan.

Today I clocked in 110 miles on the Salsa Chili con Crosso. This bike is oversized Scandium with a premium Reynolds carbon fork. Acceleration was instantaneous. Climbing was easier. and the new WTB saddle from Pizza was actually pretty comfortable. Not all saddles fit everybody.

For the Trans Iowa for next year I will upgrade certain parts of the Salsa and ride it. I am thinking of upgrading to a Thomson post, new bars and stem and changing the cranks out for a compact drive. I do like the 50x34 for the low gears the 34 offers. I will also have Billabong build me a new set of Chris King wheels, since tonight I broke a spoke on the old DA wheels that I have.

A new MP3 player will be key for training alone in the dark on the trail. I am looking at Sony to avoidk the monopoly of Apple.

We are leaving for Decorah Iowa soon and I can't wait. I love Iowa.

ride,

Ari

1 comment:

EXPO Racing said...

I still owe you some hydration products!!!!

Soon. Very soon.

Constantine