Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Day Off Riding Thursday and Sunday

Maurizio hitting the gravel

Taking a break at mile 8.

On my day off ride I had a special guest. No other than Maurizio, my son, all the way from Berlin,Germany. We set out to do some riding. We outfitted him with the wife's Interloc, Jersey and cap. We went out and did close to 17 miles and I figured for an 11 year old that was pretty good. On the way back we got chased by a bad storm and with a stormy tailwind we were flying. As soon as we got in the garage it started to pour and we were glad to be home. My Son Alex is also in Town and the boys will be spending the month of August with us. It has always been difficult to spend time with them since their visit always coincides with the season at the bike shop. Maybe I should switch to a ski store.



The supposed 80's and Sunny. NOT!
The Revamped Eddy Merckx Motorola


Today Sunday the 3 I rode the wife into work at 530 am then came home and had a chunky cup of greek coffee and toast. I saddled up on the Eddy Merckx after seeing it hang for over two years. I made some key changes to it. I got rid of the impossible racer stem that looked good but at age 45 was not happening. I also replaced the saddle I pooched for the Ira Ryan. I bought one of the Fisik Aliante Gammas in White and it worked really well. The saddle is wide enough and it has a sweet flat spot in the back part of it. I think it will be a new favorite saddle. I am sure the Selle San Marco Rolls will be gone soon. I read the forecast early morning and it called for sunny and 80's. Out in the fields it was a different story. I was heading west and sure enough the skies darkened and I saw lightning. I returned home and called it a day. I did get in a solid 3 hour ride and it was weird being on a road bike. Did you guys know they are faster then Cross bikes and 29ers ??

Anyway I hope you all got out and did some pedaling.

Ari

2 comments:

bluecolnago said...

riding with your kids is one of the best things in the world!

Cornbread said...

Sweet ride!