Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Riding and great news!!

Today I decided to ride into work so I woke up early, rode the wife into work and came back home to get ready. We left the house at 5 am and made it to the bucks by 5:10. About the same time that it take to drive. Oh, I forgot. The wifes cars has no brakes so she has been commuting everywhere. Not a bad thing. Maybe when the weather turns we will decide to get them fixed again. Fuck cars.
I was out the door around 630 and I rode the Great Western Trail. It was cleared from all the downed trees but with all the rain the gravel was like Peanut butter. I made time on the Ira Ryan and met up with Pizza and Snake in St charles. It was a glorious morning to the point that I did not like it. It was crystal clear, not a cloud in the sky and the temps were perfect. I like shitty weather.
We rode to Downers Grove and stopped by the Snake Palace for some great Breakfast. Snake's Mom made us Fried Pork Rinds, Potatoes and Beans with Warm Tortillas. It hit the spot and we thanked her a lot for such good food.
We opened shop and already had a line. I hate when customers wait outside for us to open and come in right away. Be cool, come to the shop 15 minutes after open. We have to change, make coffee, take a piss. You know.
We were busy for a Sunday and the day flew by. At 4 pm we saddled up and I was accompanied by Pizza and Scott Money on his new Crosscheck. Pizza flatted and Money took the opportunity to light up a fag. I laughed my ass off and shot my legs. WTF I thought. This is a fucking great day and I have to post it so I can read it in the future and laugh again.
I rode the rest of the way home high on sport beans and Arcade Fire playing on my MP3 player.
The trail had dried up and the Ira was riding on rails.
The best part of this fucking great day was the announcement of th Trans Iowa for 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am alive, I have a purpose for the rest of the year, it is time to rack up centuries, order parts, prepare, prepare, dream. I don't know what it is about that race but it is me.
Monday 110 miles,
tuesday off
wednesday 20 miles
thursday 40 miles
friday off
saturday off
sunday 110 miles

I am starting program on Monday.
get out and ride and stop complaining,

Ari

No comments: