Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Sunday Riding

Indian Creek , Shabbona IL


Pure v wtb ultra comfy saddle, good for Rough Roads

As I was commenting to my friend Ricardo saturdays are starting to get to me. I commute over 100 miles, work at the bike shop, then come home, change and then hit the restaurant for some more running around. Come Sunday morning I am a train wreck and with no energy to get out and ride, specially since the bulk of my riding is solo.
Once I catch up with bills I am investing in a new Mp3 player. I had a little Creative Stone and the thing just stopped working after 90 days, coinciding with the expiration of the warranty. I ride out in the country and sometimes it is so desolate that I start to lose my mind. It is a great opportunity to do some deep thinking, do bills, mentally remind myself as to who needs to be emailed, phoned, etc.
On Sunday morning I missed out on meeting my pals and I had huge Chump factor going on. I rode out to Shabbona lake in the hopes of seeing them. I guess they saw me but I did not see them since I was probably in a daze.
I hung out with the guys from North Central Cyclery and they were friendly and we shared jokes and shop stories. I hope to hook up with them and do some good rides. They will be hosting a cyclocross race in Hopkins Park in Dekalb on October 5th.
I have a new saddle on my crosscheck. It was recommended by Chris in Minneapolis. It is a WTB Pure V. It is wider in back as opposed to the endless supplies of Narrow Hatchet Saddles, the nose part is cut out from underneath and allows the plumbing to stay alive. It also is raised in back and that helps in climbing like my old Concor used to do. Overall the Saddle is very comfy and at 60 bucks you can't go wrong. 60 bucks is like 12 fancy Venti Lattes at the 'Bucks.
I also installed a Fisik Alliante Gamma (in White) on my Eddy Merckx. I have not done a lot of miles on it but will give some comments on it soon. If any of you have suggestions on Mp3 players shoot me a comment. I also have Tendenitis on my left wrist from wrenching too hard on a rusted on Pedal. 10 days of 3x a day on Aleve is what the Doc said. This crap better not mess with my riding. I be mad.
Now get out and ride,
Ari

No comments: