Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, July 14, 2008

A late beating


I hope we did not forget that the past winter was a monster. With the winter that passed our shop was dead. I mean dead. The winter kept even the hard core guys at home and in their cars. We missed out on the custom bike sales and the start of our season was very poor. It made the owner really get nervous.
Contrary to the past 50 seasons that the shop has seen we are having a crazy summer. WE are still backed up on repairs, we are selling utility stuff like crazy, we are selling Custom Gunnars and Pinarellos. WE ARE TIRED!
So what I am hoping for is that our population that supports the shop to start getting smart about gas prices. They are not going to drop any time soon and the only solution is to decrease demand, start running errands on bikes and keeping Moby Dick parked at home.
We have done a great job in buying racks, bags, baskets and fenders to accomodate our commuters. I am looking into some new lights and we have also picked up the most excellent Showers Pass jackets.
With this said I would like to anounce a ride for next Sunday. Pizza Dan and I are going to be off. I would like to do a good 80-90 miler around this area and really be able to take a break. Sunday the 20th starting at 800 am. Anyone interested let me know.
Ari

No comments: