Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Time for the road bike??


I am still stuck on my cross bike and I have been for the better part of almost 1/2 a year. Then conditions out here in Sycamore lend themselves for the cross bike. Deserted roads and suddenly the pavement ends and you have gravel. I often wonder whether all that offroad riding has helped in my fitness. ????
I sometimes wonder about getting the road bike out and clicking into my old durace look style pedals. How will it feel not to have Knobbies? How will the lighter weight be?? Is it cheating?? As I ready myself to hit the road on the road I chicken out. The cross bike has the saddle bag on, the pump, the light.
At any rate I will make the transition soon. I sure will feel like riding on a pizza cutter.
Hope you enjoy the photo. Lots more photos uploaded on flikr.
out,
ari

No comments: