Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday Riding May 4th, 2008

Mtb timetrail the day we were leaving Decorah



Me in Summer clothing, a rarity



Dr. Giggles getting his Gravel fix for the day.



Crappy gas station in Oregon, IL.



Too picture perfect


After the 5 months of agonizing over Trans Iowa we are starting to settle back in order. I am still going to bed really late and sometimes can't help but do a midnight ride. Never know when you are going to need to get out at midnight with your bike and go somewhere. I had lots of aches and pains after the race and it took my body a good 4 days to recover. I suffered a lot of upper body pain from pulling on the bars so much with the endless uphills.
On Thursday I was able to get out and do my first ride with a jersey and shorts. It felt really weird not having to have all the restriction/control clothing on.
Today the Giggles and I headed out to Oregon, IL. and did our usual 80 mile route. We did lots of gravel and about 40 miles worth of headwind. I now have a massive headache. I always get headaches when I ride into the wind. Any ideas????
The ride back was fast and it was cool to cruise at over 20 mph on the cross bikes with the knobbies. We are excited to get in shape and do it all over again next year.
Steel cross bikes rule. I was on the Bamboo Gunnar Crosshairs and Giggles on his I-Fab Planet X.
Hope y'all had a great weekend.
Ari

No comments: