Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday Riding April 13th ,,,,,2008

Tiny forest off Baseline road, Genoa, IL

Hi to all,

Rode out this morning into a demonic wind coming out of the north. I was in full winter regalia, including Lake Boots, balaclava, wind tights and thick, thick gloves. I rode almost 30 miles due north to avoid last weekends 40 mile into the headwind deathmarch. I was out on the bambo bike and the position on it seems to be dialed in perfect. I came blazing due South with a tailwind that was going thru me and sending chills up and down my body. I started to lose feeling on the tip of my toes and that's when the cursing started.

I hope nobody heard me. I took refuge in a tiny forest and did some of the minute singletrack I found there. I did warm up and it was nice to not hear the wind through my ears. With 13 days to go until Trans Iowa this winter has been the most uncooperative yet.

At this point I am looking foward to getting this crap over with and get on with my summer.


Is it worth it????


out,


Ari

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is, it is, it is!!!
Keep riding becasue summer is almost here. Nice warm summer days will have you smiling again

Ari said...

thanks le blaireau. I know that summer is upon us but I still am angry about the fact that I have been riding in cold weather for over 5 months. That is a long time. I just don't see the point in it.
Ari

gpickle said...

Only you know for sure Ari, good luck with the final preps. One way or the other its all over in 1.2 weeks!