Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday night Cycling april 14th, 2008


I thought that it would be a little warm outside to do some equipment testing. As usual I was wrong. I installed my new Crank Bros Acid pedals along with my Lake mtb shoes. I had to get new shoes because when you are loaded with a size 15 shoe they don't last as long. Must be the weight and leverage that make the soles flex like my wife's flip flops.
I had some creaking in the bb area and I suspect it is the interface of the pedals with the cranks. I also tested out the Cateye el410 mounted on the helmet. It was a treat to have a light that you can point and shooot with. I still don't did the wish, swooshy noice of the water in the camelbak. I feel like I am drowning. Any thoughts??
I rode with a cotton t-shirt, cotton socks, no booties, My whitey-tightey undies with tights and cargo cotton shorts.
Do yourself a favor: Don't wear cotton when it is cold. I thanked my Merino Wool sweater for the warmness.
I left the house before 10 and got back before midnight. I don't mind the darness. Lots of interesting things going on.
I hope it warms up a bit soon.
out,
Ari

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

"the night time....
is the right time....."

i like riding at night too! good stuff out there!