Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Two in a Row


Today I came to realize how impossible it would have been to make it through the Trans Iowa race. With my spotty rides in the winter there is no way I would have made it through the 325 miles of continuous riding on gravel.
I am learning my lesson now that it takes a lot of riding to complete such events. Ira Ryan, the winner, does a century once a week, always. He rides a road bike on nasty climbs in Oregon, and he is 20 years younger than I am.
For the time being I have been doing some long commutes to work and I have piled on 9 centuries for June so far. I have to work on getting better pedals and a better saddle. My Arionne might work for Cunego and Simoni but my large American Ass is not happy with it.
I switched to a Gatorskin 700x23 in front and a top touring conti in back with 700x32.
Been consuming 6 large bottles of water and about 4 Hammer Nutrition Gels. Sometimes I stop for coffee and sometimes I eat some fruit. I never have breakfast before riding.
I will post a picture of my Salsa soon.
Good riding to all.
Ari
Picture of GWT on way home. Tomorrow is the longest day of the year. Get out and ride.

No comments: