Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Another day on the Saddle


I left with Jamie to drop her off at her new work. Rode down Peace rd and then went towards DeKalb to the Starbucks. Her commute to work is only 3 miles and she will be riding her bike to work as often as possible. After dropping her off I went back towards Sycamore and took the GWT,(Great Western Trail). I had a tailwind all the way to work and by the time I arrived I had ridden 60 miles. Going home was a total different story. I struggled with a stiff head wind all the way. I hid as much as possible, rode close to the curb, turned my body in weird angles, anything to fight the big, strong hand of God. I was glad to be back on the trail, and somehow sheltered from the wind. Almost 18 miles from St. Charles to Sycamore and most of the trail is gravel. My cross bike works perfect on the surface. Had two gels, a power bar and 3 large bottles of water to get home. I fought the wind for 52 miles and got home in 3 hours and 10 minutes. A long,hot shower with some Elite shower gel was the ticket along with some recovery drink. I have to take advantage of the weather because I will long for these 110 miles commutes once the winter comes.
ari
I took the picture while refueling on the way home.

No comments: