Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hot Summer.



Left really early to work to beat the heat. No chance. Once I rolled down the driveway my lycra jersey was already getting damp. I thought about taking some new route and exploring a bit since I left so early. I ended up making a whopping 20 mile mistake today. I arrived late to work and I really think I was delirious. Too much heat, way too much humidity. I felt really warm but at the same time I was getting the chills. Breathing was not easy and I some point I just thought of getting off my bike and walking. I was releaved to arrive to work and sit on a stool. It took me an hour to compose my self and to be able to think straight. The picture above is of a little general store in Kanevill, Il. It used to be our old stomping grounds back in the day. We used to ride here routinely. Nowadays nobody has time to dedicate to coming all the way out here. Family,Kids and all the other obligations make us dream of these old rides.
I haven't told you guys but during all these really hot days we have not had air in the shop. Our little shop area gets no ventilation and today was specially bad. We had to go into hot pant mode and D.A. shot this picture of us. Today we got a new unit in and starting tomorrow we promise to be more productive. Good crew at the shop. Our shop is snob free and everyone that works there really makes is enjoyable.
Now get out and ride you bike till you soak that cameo.
Ari

1 comment:

strangelife said...

My cameo was soaked yesterday because of all the stuff in my danddo bag on the cunego. Damn. This heat really messes with me...looking forward to the a/c.