Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

FEbrurarary, 7th 2007

I don't know if I spelled the month right but I guess I does not matter since it is a short one. The warm weather that we all bragged about has come to a freezing halt and nobody is riding bikes except the freaks and the mexicans. Freaks like my pal Bill and myself that have no feeling when it comes to cold. That and the dumb amount of money that we spend on Lake boot, 15 different types of gloves, undershirts, a holy collection of balaclavas,lights, and the endless amounts of hours spent getting all the effing salt of the bikes.
My second category of riders that ride in the "Danger Zone" are my fellow mexicans. They are out in crappy jackets with hoodies as insulation, walmart gloves, black busboy pants, black kitchen shoes and a long ass scarf that wraps their whole head. These guys ride all the time and they go unnoticed. I think they are the most hardcore commuters in all of America. They ride because they have to. They ride dual suspension huffys that weigh around 40 lbs, Saggy ass suspension systems, rusty chains, and about 15lbs of air pressure in the tires.
They never have lights and in case you didn't know a few of them get killed every year. HUm... the kind of news that just does not get published. These guys ride home after working 12-16 hour days picking up your dirty dishes, serving you coffee and doing all the dirty work at the restaurant. They clean the bathrooms, help in the kitchen, jump to everyones demand, get yelled at by snobby waiters and when all this shit is said and done, they mount their bikes and ride in the dark. I Fuckin' love this country.
So one day when you see one of these guys walking home with a flat, be a man and stop to give help. I can guarantee you that they will not bite you.
I finally got that out the way. Feeling good.
Next item I have a new niece and she is absolutely gorgeous. She has Greek, Argentinian, Hungarian blood and her name is
Pita Andonopoulos. She was born on February 2, 2007 one day after my moms birthday. I am very proud of her.
The shop has been dead like doorknob or however the dumb saying goes. Doing some projects and waiting for the Tsunami to hit in March.
That is when we get all the homo-jockos (thanks for the phrase Pete) that ride an average of 25mph. I can't stand them. This year I plan on rounding them up and getting my boys in shape to give them a royal spanking. I have been waiting for years to do this.
Man, lots of venting today.
Getting parts for the wifes Pegoretti. So far the loot includes: Thomson silver seatpost 29.4mm, Chorus 2006 Silver cranks, Chorus square taper BB, Chorus Silver front derailleur.
I am hunting for record Silver hubs.
Going with DT silver rims, silver spokes, Nitto silver stem, Silver bars, Carbon shifter Chorus, Chorus der. NOBODY WILL CONVINCE ME THAT A BLACK PAINTED HUB IS COOL.
Once upon a time Cannondale had a cheesy ass bike called "Black lightning" and I always said how much that bike sucked.
ONe last note. Start checking weight on some Prefab wheels. There are a lot of those wheels that look cool but they are boat anchors.
Deda has an awesome stem and bar combo in "Silver" that costs a fortune. Is silver the next in color?????????????????????
I better go for now,
Ari

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

nice rant! :)

congrats on the new niece! awesome!

ride safe, brother.

peace out, yo!