Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

February, 11th, 2007


In a much better mood today. Had the meeting at 8am with the new team. It is called Flatlandia, since we live on a pool table over here. Bunch of guys that have kids but want to get in shape and do some racing, have good rides and have some fun while we are at it. Lots of talent from road racing, track, triathlon, and cyclocross. I will keep everyone posted on this. Our jerseys look kinda the old Flandria jersey from the Freddy Maertens time. I rode this morning and my thighs and hands were stinging. It was 2below zero. I was glad to walk into the coffee shop and warm up for an hour before I went out again for dosage number two. Then went to work where everyone came out of the woodwork to see me and ask me a million questions. Hey do something and stop hanging out at the shop in the winter. We need our vacation time before the season starts!!
Rode the Quickbeam which I layed down on the way to work. Rode the sidewalk with the snow covering it and when I came off the sidewalk onto the bonedry road to make a right I totally ate ground. My Pasela road tires were covered in snow and when I turned I slid on the snow on them!! What the f88k Chuck! The worst part is that I landed on my right side and had my folding knife clipped into my Wranglers. I got big nasty bruise. I was so pissed I just got up and kept riding.
Following the shop I ran home changed and went to the restaurant to work on tables. Night went by and made a decent buck. I want to be debt free this year and Im motivated.
Need some sleep. Tomorrow Im on the road with Dr. Roe. Riding the Ruffian and definitely going with the Moose MItts. I don't care how dorky they are. I need my pinky for picking my nose.
out,
Ari
The boy in the picture is my son Alexander. He turned 14 years old on February 9th. He lives in Berlin and I miss him a lot.

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

2 below? that's definitely hardcore!

it's all good!

peace out, yo!