Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

February 20th, 2007


Today was Giulietta's birthday and my girl turned 4. Since it was during the middle of the week we decided to stay home, cook a nice meal and down some Stellas. I can't believe she is already 4 and that she is going to school with the bus every day. When did all this happen?
I am also been amazed by the intensity of the Bicycle movement in America. There is so much going on that I cannot even strech my arms big enough to give you an idea. I have been linking and hyperlinking to so many cool Blogs. I have run into so many interesting frame builders. My latest two are Ira Ryan and Pereira Cycles. Check them out on the web. YOu will be amazed at the amount of work these guys put into their frames. We are rapidly surpassing the europeans with our quality, handmade frames.
Vanilla Cycles, Hunter cycles, Rivendell, Ira Ryan, Pereira, Mariposa, Serrotta, Richard Sachs and the list goes on and on. I am just very proud of this situation and I try to promote it as much as I can. I am currently selling stuff on ebay to buy an IRa Ryan Porteur Frame, fork and rack. Check it out on the website. I will let you know how that project unfolds. I just need to have a bike that I can carry stuff on, no joke.
Bobke Stut had and awesome photo of legendary rider Alphonse Goosens and if you want to see what a real tough guy looks like google him and find out. It will make you feel ashamed of complaining about anything to do with your bike or the weather. We are sissies.
I hope all is well and for now I have a date with miss Stella Artois, my belgian girlie.
Ciao,
Ari

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

happy b'day to the young lady! that's awesome. they do grow up so fast!

ride safe.

peace out, yo!