Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

January 24th, 2007 Another one bites the dust.





The Gitane track bike that I have been hauling around since about 1995 is finally gone. I finally rounded up the courage and posted the thing to Ebay and got paid for my suffering. It was a bike I rarely rode since the romantic idea of going to the track never happened. I sold the Gitane and some other parts and bits and rounded up all I had and ordered the Rivendell Quickbeam. It has all what I want. Long horizontal fork ends, Slanted so you don't have to mess with the brakes, Cantilevers, english bb, one inch quill headset, extended head lug. A damn, long ass top tube, 60cm. 27.2 normal size post, a flat crown fork, a freakin' pump peg for us idiots that like to carry a full size pump for chump riding partners that flat and have 25Cent bubble gum machine Micro-mini-minute-nano-nano-look -how-cute-small-cutey-small my pump is that does not work, ever. My bars are not bent. They are Nitto Noodles in a 48cm ctc handlebars. Most comfy bars ever!
I can also run 700x40c tires on my bike. Can you? Sorry, forgot to mention rear AND front rack capabilities, oh also fender mounts.
I like my new bike. It weighs about.....25 freakin' pounds and I like it that way.
The orange is a rusty orange, it has a real headbadge, not a sticker and the bike was built in Japan, by the old Panasonic company. YEs it has lugs, steel pipes and the whole enchilada is kept together by melted rods of brass.
Now the next topic that I wanted to touch upon is how dead the shop is. I am so, so, so bored. Some people are coming in to ask about custom bikes, I give them all the info and they run to their computers, with wagging tails, and purchase all their crap online.
Can bike shops charge for Custom Bicycle Consultation?? Your opinion counts and I would like to hear it. I have been commuting to work and back and doing the occasional ride here and there. My last serious ride was done last week at Waterfall Glenn with buddy Michael. I rode the Ruffian 29er and we had 1 1/2 hours of fun in the snow. The trails were awesome and we rode, got in Michaels truck and before you know it ther whole thing was over.
Tomorrow is my day off and will try to get out and do some miles. Weather is not too bad lately but i just don't want any injuries.
I am supporting my bud Jason since he is the rep for sigma. Have attached Sigma wireless to the quickbeam and also for the first time in my life will try a Heart rate monitor. I want to learn how they work and all so I don't look lame when a customer asks about them.
All I know is that I am fat and that the poundage has to go.
Peace and love to all,
Ari

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

wow! that's one sweet bike!

bob roll says "support your local independant bike shop"

i don't know about charging for info.... they find out that it could have been better if they had purchased it locally. service and parts and such are so important. knowing someone you trust at a bike shop. the world is changing.

peace out, yo!