Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, February 12, 2007

February 12th, 2007

Hi to All: Just wanted to mention what a slow time of the year the shop is. What happens to people that they don't think of shopping for a bike in the winter? We are just hanging out, drinking coffee, and dying to talk to somebody. We have had some astute customers and man have they lucked out. I just got decking out a Gunnar Ruffian Singlespeed. We went thru all the details and this bike is going to be so nice.
At home I have been digging out all the old crap and systematically been putting it on ebay. I have promised myself that the only cash I will spend on bike crap is the one generated from sales en ebay. Sell a bunch of useless crap and get a new thomson post. More crap and get a pair of titec hbars and so on.
That crap that you have in the bins in the basement is CASH. Its cool to help out a pal that needs to get a bike going but otherwise get rid of it.
MY next big bike project is to sell more bike junk, old cameras, watches and buy an Ira Ryan Porteur bike. I want a bike with those steel front racks. I need something where I can carry my heavy toolbox and my oils and supplies. I hate having to ask to borrow a car for some repairs that I do.
This porteur bike will allow me to carry all the crap that I want and it will also be a unique bike. Below is a list of my existing bikes. Keep in mind that the list was 32 deep and now it is only 11
EDDY MERCKX MOTOROLA ROAD BIKE
LEGNANO ROAD BIKE
MONDONICO ROAD BIKE
HERON (BY RIVENDELL) ROAD BIKE
BRIDGESTONE RBT TOURING BIKE
QUICKBEAM FIX GEAR TOURING BIKE
GUNNAR STREET DOG FIX GEAR
GUNNAR RUFFIAN SINGLESPEED 29ER
VOODOO CYCLES 26" MTB SINGLESPEED
BIANCHI CYCLOCROSS STEEL
PEUGEOT 531 REYNOLDS SINGLESPEED

I am proud of getting rid of so many bikes. A couple more from this list will go in order to score the Ira Ryan. Today the weather broke a bit and I did not die going to work It was actually tolerable. On Sunday we went on a road ride and we froze to death. Hope march will come soon.
More tomorrow.
Ari

No comments: