Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, August 18, 2017

Throw Back Fridays

I was thinking of the fruit loop ride we did a while back. What got into our heads to do such a thing? 260 miles. Riding thru the night. Delusional dropouts. Sleeping in Sheds at a hardware store. Endless hills. Heat, humidity. My son getting an open sore on his back from a hydration pack. In my mind it remains one of the most impressive rides to date. I wonder if I have the energy to ever do something like that. I wonder. 
Ari 






Riders look so small compared to the environment. 

Early morning break

Around midnight Chad passed out and ended up in a Shed at the local Hardware store. 

Jay Barre with 40+ miles to go. I think it was around 2 am at this point. 

My daughter Franny and son Alex rode about 90 miles worth.




Jay, Eric and I finished the whole thing around 630 am on Monday. We started at 4 am on Sunday morning. With no sleep Jay drove to Springfield to go to work at Wheel Fast. Eric and I showed up at work at 10am at North Central Cyclery.
Probably the hardest ride I have ever done.
Thank you for reading.
Thank you.
Ari 

3 comments:

Mac said...

I'm going to try for 144 on August 28th.

Ari said...

Keep posted there
Ari

Mac said...

One hundred forty one miles accomplished. I realized that I probably need chamois butter in the future.