Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Focus, focus, focus.

Thanks to all my readers. I really appreciated all of you. It has been hard to find the time to sit down and do the posts. The shop has been super busy and I am the only full on mechanic working there. On my off time I have been trying to cram as much riding as possible. My "gravel" riding has dwindled to a minimum. Gravel is 1 hour away by car. 
These days I am on the road. I have built up this old, old Bianchi with a low gear, lights and a mountain feedbag. I ride the thing everywhere. It is fun to have an old bike that I don't care about. I ride it on trails, offroad,wherever I desire. 

Switching to another topic. I wanted to talk about "Focus". I had a very good friend end up crashing and getting 4 broken ribs, a broken collarbone, and his 4th concussion. Another rider we know of is in intensive care and we are not sure if he is going to make it. Both riders lost control of their bikes and crashed without any involvement with cars or other riders. 
I see many riders headdown staring at Garmins, riders looking at their phones while riding. Riders swerving into traffic distracted with something on their bikes. We need to Focus while riding. Leave electronics alone. Look ahead, look behind, be aware of your surroundings. I just don't like hearing of people getting hurt. It is already an ever increasing challenge to deal with other road users being distracted. 
Thanks for reading, 
Ari 
August has been amazing. 


The bridge to Lemont,IL. 

View from atop bridge. 

awesome folliage this year. 

a wee bit of gravel 

a break for a 7up and bananas. 

 
my trusty 1989 Legnano. 

Giants new GPS 
The full moon brought out the werewolves at the shop. 

Need quiet time? Visit a Cemetary. 

No comments: